Monday, May 27, 2013
DIY Sugar Scrub
For my skincare-loving roommate's birthday, I made her this DIY sugar scrub.
I mixed together raw organic sugar, extra virgin olive oil, and clover blossom honey into a consistency that was neither too sticky, dry, nor oily. The sugar is a great natural exfoliant, and the olive oil and honey help to moisturize the skin.
I filled a small jar half-way with sugar, then added 2 parts honey and 3 parts olive oil (enough to fill the jar about 3/4 of the way full). Rather than using a recipe, I tested out what I had as I went along and adjusted the proportions until I felt the scrub had a good consistency.
I also made a batch for myself, which I treat my skin to once a week.
<3 Mandy
Labels:
cooking/baking,
DIY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment