Friday, January 10, 2014

Stuffed Felt Totoro

I love Totoro, and so does the girl whose name I drew for Secret Santa. I didn't know what to get her, and I didn't want to get her something boring that she would rather just buy herself.
My sister has a stuffed Totoro that she bought, so I used it as inspiration to make a stuffed one out of felt. Originally, I was going to make one with a needle felting tool and wool roving. I watched a YouTube video tutorial on how to make one, and I bought a needle and used some grey felt I had at home. But I guess the felt that I had was too thick, because the pieces would not bind together properly.
 
I have more experience with sewing, as I have made fabric flowers and hair bows and a collar and detail on a collar. Using a few pieces of colored felt, I drew out a pattern and sewed together a little stuffed Totoro. I added a heart to the back, along with a tail.
<3 Mandy and My Neighbor Totoro

No comments:

Post a Comment