Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cable Knit Ear Warmers

I'm not a huge fan of hats, but it's nice to wear something to keep your ears warm during the winter months. I've wanted to learn how to cable knit for a long time, and I finally figured it out! I actually used 2 crochet hooks instead of knitting needles for all of the projects because I didn't know where my knitting needles were.

using an extra needle to hold the cable
front of cable
back of cable
Using some leftover fall-colored and black yarns, I knitted an ear warmer with a twist at the front (one cable). I wasn't sure how much I liked the color blocking style, and also didn't have enough yarn to make a wider headband.
I also found some leftover soft lavender yarn from another project, so I made another ear warmer with cables along the entire length of headband. My mom really likes the color purple, so I gave it to her.

Using some thick orange spice colored yarn I bought, I made another cable knit ear warmer.
 

Stay snuggly and warm this winter!
<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment