Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Crocheted Tops

After crocheting granny squares blankets, I wanted to incorporate the same design into a top. Using 4 colors of yarn (yellow-cream, light blue, dark blue, white), I crocheted a floral burst center in each of 6 squares. I connected the squares together and crocheted white along the edges to complete the shape of the top. I added 4 long straps along the top and bottom edges to be able to adjust the top to fit snugly. Here's how I crocheted this Granny Squares Halter Top:







This top would go well with a dark bandeau, and shorts or a long skirt, to be worn to a summer festival.

Using some leftover maroon yarn I had, I practiced crocheting lace and fitting a top to fit my body. I plan to crochet a dress in the future, so this top makes a great start to that form. For this top, I crocheted each piece of the bar, with an extra few rows along the bottom to connect the pieces. I also added a few rows of lace along the bottom edge and rim of the bra, and crocheted lace straps to match.





It was fun trying out these seasonal pieces this summer. I'm excited to begin knitting a dress, and to see what other projects I come up with.

<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment