Sunday, February 19, 2017

DIY Crochet Cactus

I love having little plants to care for and look at, but my desk at work is not close to a window with direct sunlight. I'm not very good at keeping plants alive, so without good light, I didn't want to take a risk and bring in a nice plant that would potentially not survive! So I decided to crochet my own, inspired by this project.

Using little scraps of yarn, I made a green cactus body, reddish orange flower, yellow flower, and brown dirt. I sewed them all together to make the plant.





I didn't have a little flowerpot to fit it all, so I cut the front and back of a magazine into strips, which I glued together and wound into a spiral. I pushed out the spiral to shape my bowl, and then used clear nail polish to secure the whole thing in place.





The crochet cactus fits perfectly into the bowl, but I decided not to glue them together in case I ever wanted to switch out the bowl. This little creation fits perfectly with my theme of little happy things around my desk, such as my putitto series pug dog from my sister, baby cow, mini origami cranes, a lotus, and a kusudama. I also have my name banner hanging up in the corner of my cube.


<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment