Thursday, August 31, 2017

Knit Baby Sweater

I was planning a visit to see my cousin's new baby and wanted to make something for her. I picked up 3 skeins of gorgeous blue-purple gradient Australian wool and followed along with a booklet to make this little baby sweater. It's a little big for her still, but she is growing quickly, so it will be perfect for layering in the winter!




collar
using several needles to hold different portions (body, sleeves)
starting on a sleeve
left sleeve complete
both sleeves complete; starting on the body
knitting complete, and seams bound!
completed sweater after adding three black buttons
back view
button close-up

This was the very first sweater I have ever knitted (or crocheted). I'm proud of how it turned out and am excited to see the baby wearing it! It took about a week to make, working long hours and late into the night, because I wanted to complete the project before the trip! The pattern is supposed to have a leaf design along the collar, but I realized too late that I have been knitting for purl stitches and purling for knit stitches (I guess I've always done them backwards...), so it's nice that the color gradient gives the sweater a texture, despite the pattern being wrong! I think it still turned out looking lovely, even with the mistakes. Too much of a pattern in the already-textured yarn might have also taken away from the beauty of the piece by making it too busy, so I actually like how it is!

<3 Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment