
Following a pattern by Gina Michelle, I knitted a triangle in cream-colored yarn, starting at the point and increasing stitches each row. Switching to a rusty orangey brown color, I knitted another few inches before switching to a ribbed stitch for a few inches. I switched back again to a regular garter stitch for the length of the scarf, and then switched back to the cream-colored yarn to form the fox's face. After casting off, I sewed the end to the edge where the colors changed to form a loop. I knitted little triangle ears and sewed them onto the edge where the colors changed, but on the opposite (prettier) side of the work. I sewed on a pink heart button nose, and black rectangular beads as eyes.
The head of the fox slips in through the loop until the ribbed neck portion, and slides perfectly over someone's head.
This project was fairly quick, and only took a couple of days to make. Now I can match my niece and nephew, or can give the scarf to a baby or young child to wear and enjoy.
<3 Mandy













No comments:
Post a Comment